Man Utd get free run at Moises Caicedo as Erik ten Hag hopes for last laugh over Chelsea | Football | Sport
Chelsea have told Brighton they will not pay their £80million valuation for Moises Caicedo in a major boost to Manchester United’s chances of signing the midfielder. The Red Devils have reportedly shifted focus to the Seagulls star after abandoning plans to sign Mason Mount.
Chelsea are claimed to have priced United out of a move for Mount, despite the England international having just a year left on his contract. United’s latest £55m bid has been rejected by the West Londoners, with the Red Devils walking away from talks and leaving the offer on the table.
Erik ten Hag may have the last laugh over Chelsea, however, as he claims the Blues are unwilling to meet their own target’s price tag. Brighton are thought to want £80m for Ecuador sensation Caicedo, whose performances in the Premier League last term attracted the attention of Europe’s biggest clubs.
The 21-year-old has been linked with major Premier League switches to Chelsea, United and Arsenal. However, the Old Trafford outfit may now have a free run in a deal with the Seagulls.
According to The Rising, Chelsea have told Brighton they will not match the £80m valuation. It leaves United as the only club still in a position to sign the dynamic star. Arsenal are reportedly targeting a £100m move for West Ham captain Declan Rice.
United shifted their focus to a deal for Caicedo after talks with Chelsea over Mount broke down. United made a third bid for the 24-year-old on Saturday, but the Blues quickly rejected the offer.
Chelsea are said to be holding out for £65m for the academy graduate, but risk losing him on a free next summer if he does not sign a new contract. United insist their offer remains on the table but will only open negotiations if Chelsea lower their asking price.
Meanwhile, the Blues look set to sign striker Nicolas Jackson from Villarreal after he completes his medical. The same report says the Stamford Bridge hierarchy are negotiating the final terms of a £30m move for the 22-year-old, who plays his international football for Senegal.
Jackson will be the second addition to the Chelsea team that could be in the new look under Mauricio Pochettino next season. The £52m arrival of French attacker Christopher Nkunku was confirmed last week.
Pochettino will immediately focus on trimming his squad in the coming weeks, although he cannot officially start work until July 1. Kalidou Koulibaly has joined Al-Hilal, while Edouard Mendy is also set to move to Saudi Arabia.
Denial of responsibility! greenleaselibrary.org is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at email@example.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.